Saturday, April 16, 2005

Farewell Scrappy, it's been a great ride.

You know how some people name their cars? I’ve had a car named Elmo, one named Henry...but I never really got around to naming the most recent one, until now.

Yes, the car formerly known as the Honda is now named Giant Hunk of Useless Mutilated Scrap Metal (Scrappy for short).

I could say that I never thought it would happen to me, but that would be a lie -- I ALWAYS thought it would happen to me. I am, in fact, a bit of a car accident paranoiac. despite never having been involved in anything more traumatic than a fender-bender, I am the driver who is constantly checking my blind spot on the off chance that a car has magically appeared there. So when I made a left turn and somehow missed seeing the truck oncoming in the opposite lane, I shouldn’t have been surprised. I don’t think I had enough time for contemplation anyway.

Now, after some airbag dust and a lot of talking to insurance people, I am very thankful for seatbelts and airbags and crumple zones. I am also thankful for insurance. ****Warning -- shameless product endorsement ahead******** Nationwide has been great. Everyone I have dealt with has been wonderful. The only thing I am less than happy about is the fact that I can’t wear my fabulous new silk v-neck shirt -- I think the blue might clash with the lovely greeny-purple of the seat-belt bruise. After all, at the end of the day, it’s all about the clothes.

No comments: