Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Discovering the artist within.



I have never been what you would consider an artsy-craftsy kind of person. I can't draw, I can't paint, and I have the motor coordination of a houseplant. I have always been more into the performing arts. I have a new fun hobby though -- ceiling tile decoupage.

It is a trend right now at school to decorate ceiling tiles -- you know, those boring white pop-out things they use in high schools and mental institutions? It started in art, when art students would pop them out and pint them and put them back in the ceiling. Then they started decorating them for other teachers as well. I had an idea of one I would like, but no one would make it for me, so I did it myself.

Voila! (sorry, the picture is a little fuzzy) It's a collage of pictures from the last play. I have to confess, I am pretty impressed with myself.


2 comments:

Joy Morykon said...

great work erin! now you can make one for every play! i love the black and white pictures. so classy!

Lorraine said...

I like it Erin! Well done.