Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Alarm clocks are cruel.

There is nothing in the world to beat a teacher's schedule. Off by 3 or 3:30 every day, summers off, winter break, and the occasional snow day. Granted, the amount of work we do in the time we are working is incredible, and would leave the average executive weeping, huddled in a useless heap in the floor, but the schedule is awesome.

But the mornings. Oh the mornings. 6 am is going to kill me. I had to buy a cheap alarm clock, because one of these days I am going to break it slapping the snooze button. Most days, by the time I manage to drag myself out of bed, shower, dress, dry my hair, and drive to school, I am still in a haze, which does not really lift until about halfway through second period. I almost pity my 1st period, they get shafted every day, since I am definitely not at my prime. I don't think they mind overly much though, considering most of them are still asleep too.

No comments: