Sunday, February 11, 2007

The quality of mercy is not strain'd

It droppeth, as the gentle rain...

Those are literally the only two lines of memorized text from high school that I remember. There was a Shakespeare competition that my English teacher threw me into, and I memorized Portia's monologue from The Merchant of Venice, and screwed it up royally, because I suck at memorizing. It seems pretty appropriate at the moment though, since I have decided to show some mercy tomorrow.

Off-book day is the most dreaded day by most actors; the day when lines must be memorized, and thus the day it is most likely your director will yell at you. Tomorrow is off-book day for the Crucible, and I can already hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

But I have decided that since we are only practicing two days next week because of my move, I am going to delay off-book day by a week.

It's fun to be the nice guy.

1 comment:

White Horses Tell No Tales said...

'Tis a providence and a fine mercy that you be so clement in the plight of actors. I feared it were to be my deathday tomorrow.