Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've answered the age-old question.

That question, of course, being "Is there such as thing as too much cheese?"

Since I don't so much cook as order and perhaps heat up (if I am really, really desperate), mealtimes on the weekends tend to be sketchy at best. During the week I eat at least two meals a day at school, during plays it is usually three. As such, I don't normally have much food in the house, and what I do have is mostly rice and expensive cheese (and booze). So this afternoon when I realized that my head was floating off my shoulders, and I hadn't had any of the aforementioned booze or allergy medicine, I raided the cabinet and made...

you guessed it...

rice with cheese!

One of the "suggested preparations" on the back of the rice box was to add 1/4 cup gorgonzola, and since I had some gorgonzola that was about to reach retirement I thought I would throw some in. But since I am currently living dishwasher-free, I refused to dirty a measuring cup, and instead went with the time-honored chefly tradition of dumping some in until it looks about right.

Somehow I don't think half the package = 1/4 cup.

I was afraid.

But the answer to the question, dear internet, is no, there is no such thing as too much cheese.

2 comments:

Dara said...

:hi5

heather said...

you're lucky. too much cheese for me is about 4 bites (especially in springtime). enjoy your cheese for the both of us.