Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Magic Bag

I have to confess, I am a big ol’ nerd sometimes, and I am being particularly nerdy right now. I am knitting a bag – it is by far the most complicated thing I have ever done, and I actually screwed it up so bad the other day that I frogged the whole thing and started over. But I think I have actually done it right this time, and I am far, far too excited about it. It is a Knitty pattern made out of Sierra Yarn from Knitpicks and the yarn is so delicious! In the process, I have learned how to felt and how to pick up stitches -- go me!


Here's my test swatch of all the colors:



And the bag so far:

3 comments:

heather said...

oh, cool! way to go! i like it a lot! you are way more advanced with knitting that i think i'll ever be. :)

Anonymous said...

looks fantastic Erin! Gosh I wish I didn't hate knitting so darned much...

Joy Morykon said...

good job Erin! i can't wait to see your bag. I love the colors!!!