Tuesday, March 14, 2006

That's Talent!

As you may have noticed, last week I was pretty much MIA. I actually have a valid reason; last week my life was zonkers. The reason can be summed up in 2 words: Talent Show.

I helped out with the talent show here for the past 2 years, but this was the first year I was actually in charge of it. While it is a lot of work, I have to confess that I made it more work than it had to be because of that whole pesky perfectionist thing. Add to that my normal class load and you get a very stressed out Erin.

The talent show turned out really well. We ended up with 8 acts (we started with 9, but one little *ahem* sweetheart decided not to show up and not to tell anyone) and we had a good variety – several singers, some guys playing guitars, a couple of drumline-style drummers, and a skit by a few of my beloved drama nerds. It was fun.

What was also fun was the performance I did with my friend L and a bunch more of our drama nerds. A few weeks ago she and I were talking and discussed to possibility of doing something together to utilize our unique talents – mine for singing, hers for being a drama queen. So we decided that we would do a little interpretive dance to the song “Hopelessly Devoted”, and take advantage of her well-known obsession with Johnny Depp. I had the easy part – I just had to sing the song. L created a whole stage show, including a set and backup dancers in Johnny Depp masks. To call the final product hilarious would be an understatement. It was awesome. You are sorry you missed it.

1 comment:

Joy Morykon said...

yeah, i am sorry i missed it. was any one videotaping?