Monday, September 11, 2006

Space Cowboys

As I type, my students are working on oral presentations about going on a mission to Mars. They have to come up with a list of ten things and ten people they would take to Mars in order to save the human race if the Earth were going to be destroyed. They have to take boring things like water and oxygen, but it made me think about what I would take to Mars if I had to leave the Earth forever, assuming those pesky necessities of life were taken care of.

1. The most advanced computer Apple has available at the time, with the biggest hard drive and most RAM I can get, fully loaded with lots of fun software and Sims 2 with all the expansion packs.
2. A giant hard drive loaded with all the music ever recorded on Earth, and we'll throw in all the audiobooks too just for fun.
3. A 60gig iPod. More hard drive if possible.
4. My Chronicles of Narnia box set
5. My Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs (I'm assuming there's a TV and DVD player on the ship)
6. My flipflop collection
7. An anthology of the best plays ever written
8. High quality speakers
9. My Friends DVDs
10. The pink blanket I got for Christmas a few years ago. It's the ugliest thing in the history of the world, and I totally love it.

What would you take?

No comments: